Controllers to meet the demands of smart machines
A modern control system is more than its name implies. It delivers the fast system performance, high capacity and optimised productivity needed from a control system today.
The ControlLogix 5580 family of controllers use the Studio 5000 design environment as the standard framework that optimises productivity, reducing time to commission. This framework manages Integrated Motion over EtherNet/IP for high-speed motion applications and SIL2/PLd and SIL3/PLe safety solutions. It can also help to create more competitive operations with:
- Common plant-wide control: providing multi-discipline control for discrete, motion, process and safety applications.
- A simplified architecture: Logix offerings work together in what Rockwell Automation calls its Integrated Architecture offering. It helps to keep costs down and reduce system complexity.
- Enhanced security: the ControlLogix 5580 controller incorporates security mechanisms like centralised authentication and access control to help keep systems secure. Rockwell Automation has also received ISO 27001 certification to help protect intellectual property, and its vulnerability-management process aligns to IEC 29147 and 30111.
Launch process applications faster
Building process applications from the ground up can slow the time-to-market and create the potential for errors. The ControlLogix 5580 process controller can save precious engineering time and effort, so applications can be deployed faster and with less risk.
The controller is preloaded with the software, tools and faceplates needed for the application, and allows the designer to leverage the PlantPAx library of process objects.
The ControlLogix 5580 process controller can also:
- Reduce the footprint and complexity of the applications with cutting edge processing power and capacity
- Drive consistency in single projects and multi-site deployments with native process instructions embedded in the controller
- Reduce system costs by providing process control and position control in one platform
- Reduce security risks with system architectures that are certified to the IEC 62443-3-3 security standard
- Better use controller memory by leveraging content and instructions that are native on the controller rather than downloaded from a website.
Standardise mid-range control architectures
When skids that use the CompactLogix 5380 controller are brought into a process application that uses the ControlLogix 5580 process controller, it all comes together in Rockwell Automation’s Integrated Architecture. The result is a standardised backbone for the process application — one that’s easier for workers to learn, operate and maintain.
Rockwell Automation’s ControlLogix 5380 process controllers feature Native Process instructions to reduce the need to import add-on instructions. They offer integrated motion support, simplify lifecycle management with conformal coating options and are available in standard memory options of 2 MB and 4 MB.
For more information on ControlLogix 5380 Process Controllers or other Rockwell Automation products, please contact your local NHP representative at:
Designed to prevent unplanned stoppage, the TeSys island digital load management system can...
When cutting veneer strips their thickness should not exceed 1 mm, and only marginal errors in...
Watch the video to find out how Borg Manufacturing implemented AVEVA solution to accelerate...