Aussie energy and tech innovators on show at Gastech 2018
For the first time in the event’s 45-year history, NERA (National Energy Resources Australia — Growth Centre for the oil, gas and energy resources sector) is bringing Australian innovation under the one umbrella at Gastech 2018.
More than 30,000 visitors and 700 exhibitors are expected to visit Gastech 2018 in Barcelona, Spain, 17–20 September.
Speakers at the Australian pavilion during the four-day event include Australian Ambassador to Spain HE Julie-Ann Guivarra, WA Agent General Mike Deeks and Shell Vice President for QGC Tony Nunan.
Deloitte partner Bernadette Cullinane will also be posting daily updates from the Australian pavilion. Follow #TeamAusGT for all the updates.
NERA Chief Executive Miranda Taylor said groundbreaking Australian innovation and technology leaders would be on show at the event.
“We here at NERA believe in Australian small businesses. They are building a brighter energy future for the whole of Australia,” she said. “For the first time, we have coordinated Australia’s presence at Gastech putting these businesses up in lights at one of the world’s pre-eminent events in the energy resources space.
“It’s important that Australia continues to tell its story as the global leader in LNG exports and showcases our best and brightest as true global innovators.”
As a result of NERA’s funding and support, this year marks the first time Australia will exhibit a country pavilion at Gastech, supported by a custom program created by NERA around a strong cohort of innovative small businesses who are looking to take the next step to the export market and take their local business global.
The Smart Australia: Take Local Global program has put 10 small businesses through a rigorous three-day program where each business fine-tuned its individual commercial offering, value proposition and pitch to prepare them to take their businesses to the global marketplace at Gastech 2018.
NERA worked collaboratively with a group of proven experts in the delivery of this global program, led by EMJ Consulting, with assistance from Austrade, Mills Oakley and Wrays.
The companies joining Team Australia at Gastech 2018 are:
- AiSpanner — easy-to-use, interactive, turnaround maintenance and safety planning/scheduling optimisation applications using advanced visualisation, analytics, spatial and artificial intelligence.
- BE&R Consulting — providing independent consultancy services to the oil and gas sector, focusing on the provision of technical, commercial and strategic advice relating to floating production storage & offloading (FPSO), floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG), floating storage regasification units (FSRU) and small-scale LNG developments.
- Deloitte — providing audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services.
- Australasian Oil and Gas Exhibition & Conference 2019 — Australia’s largest oil and gas industry event.
- Future Fuels CRC — focusing on the role that new fuels and the existing gas infrastructure will play in a low carbon economy.
- LNG Marine Fuel Institute — advocating for LNG as a marine fuel in the Green Corridor through cooperation and collaboration among its members, many of whom are competitors in the broader industry.
- LogiCamms — an ASX-listed engineering consulting and project management business offering front-end conceptual design through to detailed engineering and asset management services.
- MyPass Global — a cloud-based workforce management system for high-risk, high-compliance industries.
- Nureka Pty Ltd — an open source platform, delivering both innovation and collaboration capability within a single platform structure, for users across the entire oil and gas ecosystem.
- Penny Australia Pty Ltd — helping organisations reduce their cost of expense management whether it be on large capital projects or simply managing the business travel expenses.
- Previso Software Pty Ltd — providing an integrated asset modelling and gas production forecasting software package that can model the whole integrated extraction, production and distribution system from multiple reservoirs, wells, subsea pipelines, compressors and separators to the market.
- RedEye Apps — cloud and mobile-based software as a service (SaaS) solution for asset and work management.
- Sentient Computing — gaming technology in conjunction with process control data to establish or improve training, visualisation and simulation projects with immersive 3D environments and virtual reality solutions.
- Synengco Pty Ltd — a supplier of asset management, fault detection and decision support tools for the energy production market.
- XDR (Exploration Drill Rigs Pty Ltd) — a manufacturer of hands-free workover rig packages customised for the onshore oil and gas industry.
As of 1 December 2018, AMS has been assigned to be the official distributor of Bronkhorst...
The new hub integrates all of ABB's activities in Xiamen to create state-of-the-art campus...
Collaboration between Industry Growth Centres METS Ignited and NERA, along with the Queensland...