Honeywell introduces intelligent wearables for field workers
Honeywell has announced a hands-free, wearable technology that allows industrial workers to more safely, reliably and efficiently accomplish their tasks in the plant or the field. Honeywell’s Skills Insight Intelligent Wearables feature a head-mounted visual display that responds to voice and brings live data, documents, work procedures, as well as health and safety information into view.
The new wearable technology also connects field workers with remote experts in real time and allows them to assimilate valuable skills and knowledge while working.
“This new Honeywell Connected Plant technology offers industrial workers the information they need when they need it, wherever they are,” said Youssef Mestari, program director, Honeywell Connected Plant. “That means workers carry with them decades of relevant expertise that is accessible at any time by simple voice activation. This makes this solution a particularly good fit for industrial workers who have an affinity for technology and who need more physical freedom to efficiently accomplish their work.”
Honeywell’s technology uses the latest in hands-free mobile computing, augmented reality, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and mobility software. It combines the RealWear HMT-1Z1 hands-free wearable computer with Honeywell’s Movilizer platform, a cloud-based workflow solution, to support field service operations, specifically in hazardous locations.
Skills Insight Intelligent Wearables offer several key features:
- Operator task automation: Guided work instruction and procedures plus visualisation of documents to facilitate field work.
- Visualisation of live data: Real-time IIoT data made available to the field worker.
- Video capture and playback: Learning on demand and on-site through playback of video, captured by expert operators working on similar tasks, searchable using voice.
- Expert on call: Instant access to remote experts via video chat, who can see what the field worker sees and can provide advice, share documents or annotate the video feed.
- Geo-localisation, navigation and asset visualisation: Locates a field operator in the plant and provides navigation and visualisation as required for a task.
- Rapid emergency evacuation: Locates workers in the plant and guides them to an assembly point using geo-localisation.
Man-down assistance: Detects a man down, identifying the location and notifying the emergency team for assistance.
“RealWear’s 100% hands-free, rugged head-mounted computing platform is the first to achieve the Zone 1, Class 1/Division 1 level of intrinsically safe certification,” said Sanjay Jhawar, co-founder and president of RealWear. “Together with Honeywell’s software and services we enable digital transformation that drives higher productivity and safety for people working in hazardous locations and across the industrial sector.”
Partnership to create cloud-based digital twins for owner-operators of industrial and...
A report by international cybersecurity authorities highlights the use of five publicly available...
Updated standard specifies cybersecurity capabilities for control system components.