EtherCAT seminars in October
Industrial Ethernet — and EtherCAT in particular — is still a hot topic in the global automation industry: traditional fieldbus systems are showing their limitations today as new technologies are appearing that provide more performance and support for internet protocols. Automation system users have to decide if, when and how to adopt these next-generation networks.
The EtherCAT Technology Group is holding a series of EtherCAT seminars across Australia and New Zealand in October. Experts’ presentations from the EtherCAT Technology Group and sponsoring company as well as time for on-site networking and discussion with the experts and the accompanying tabletop exhibition provide a complete overview on benefits and challenges of EtherCAT for you and your application, especially in the context of Industry 4.0, IoT and TSN (time-sensitive networking).
These half-day (8.00–12.45) and free-of-charge events at six selected venues are a great chance to get access to the EtherCAT technology.
The seminar series is aimed at those who are:
- in charge of control and automation systems with machine builders and OEMs
- working with system integrators or design firms for machine builders or end users
- involved in application and controls design or product management
- interested to know the latest trends in industrial automation and how fieldbus selection plays an important role
- interested in application examples and possible migration strategies.
Dates and venues:
- 19 October – Perth
- 22 October – Adelaide
- 23 October – Melbourne
- 24 October – Sydney
- 25 October – Christchurch
- 26 October – Auckland
EtherCAT Technology Group (ETG) is the world’s largest Industrial Ethernet and Fieldbus organisation with over 4900 member companies from 65 countries. The roadshow is supported by Beckhoff Automation, Balluff, Belden, Bürkert and Dedicated Systems.
FDT 2.1 DTM and FRAME Common Components simplify the digital transformation development path.
FDT Group and the International Society of Automation (ISA) have announced that FDT 2.0...
Australis M2M Pty Ltd has announced it has acquired distributorship for Matrix Electronica's...