element14 launches Industry 4.0 e-book
element14, has launched a new e-book, titled The Industry 4.0 Interviews 2020. The e-book features the views of global experts from Festo, Omega, Molex, Panasonic and Schneider Electric on the development of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and related technologies. It provides insights for panel builders, systems integrators and designers, and industrial and electronic engineers, including those involved in maintenance and repair.
“Continuing advances in industrial automation and control technology, along with the increase in connectivity of devices through the IIoT, is enabling engineers and makers to use off-the-shelf hardware and software to create complex products faster and more easily than ever before,” said Simon Meadmore, Global Head of Interconnect, Passives and Electromechanical at element14. “We interviewed experts from some of the largest industrial systems and equipment manufacturers in the world to reveal how they use knowledge of their customers’ needs to deliver optimal solutions that increase productivity, improve efficiencies and achieve a decrease in maintenance costs.
“We are delighted that several influential leaders in this industry have given their time to this book and we hope the IIoT community will find their insights helpful and interesting.”
Topics covered within the e-book include an overview of the global IIoT market, insights on key products and tools to support the adoption and advancement of Industry 4.0 technology, and predictions for the future of IIoT. The e-book also offers insights for those planning new projects to support the design and maintenance of industrial equipment, robotics, smart buildings and factories, including:
- How being able to demonstrate the benefits of IIoT is key to overcoming reluctance to implement Industry 4.0 technologies into manufacturing facilities.
- How concerns about security of data stored in the cloud can be resolved by implementing the right comprehensive IoT security solutions.
- How industrial automation can start as simply as predictive maintenance to build a business case whilst increasing productivity and efficiency and reducing downtime.
- The role artificial intelligence plays in the response and reliability of embedded systems.
- The shortage of experience in implementing truly cross-business systems, which is hampering the implementation of IIoT.
Responding to the growth of increased automation in manufacturing, smart manufacturing and robotics driven by the IIoT, element14 says it has invested significantly over the last 12 months to build a comprehensive industrial automation range, which includes the latest solutions from suppliers including Omega, Omron, Mitsubishi Electric, Schneider Electric, ABB and Siemens. element14’s in-stock industrial automation range includes 550,000 interconnect products, more than 400,000 passive components and over 100,000 electromechanical products.
The Industry 4.0 Interviews 2020 is available as a free download from element14.
Ewon commits to ongoing cybersecurity improvements for its IIoT and remote access product range.
There is a seismic shift happening in the manufacturing industry as it advances towards Industry...
Madison Technologies has announced a distribution partnership with Control Solutions, to provide...