IICA prepares its final Tech Expo for 2019
The NSW branch of IICA is preparing for its final Tech Expo of the year. The IICA varies the location of its Technology Expos to provide an opportunity for everyone to participate conveniently. This October the expo will be at the Rosehill Gardens Racecourse. There is easy access from the M4 with ample parking, convenient access to public transport and it is centrally located to Sydney’s manufacturers. Open from 2 pm until 6 pm on 30 October, entrance is free for industry. For those travelling from interstate, special rates have been negotiated with Rydges Hotel Parramatta.
Over 65 exhibitors have already booked in to promote the latest technology in instrumentation, including Gold Sponsors Phoenix Contact and Weidmüller; Silver Sponsors Endress+Hauser, Harting and Westermo Data Communications; and Bronze Sponsors Schneider Electric and Eaton’s MTL Products. Attendees will be able to witness first-hand the latest trends and engage with vendors to really identify what products, solutions and services are available to increase efficiencies in process control and automation.
- Endress+Hauser will be showcasing its intelligent and connected applications for the IIoT, including a wide range of instruments equipped with Heartbeat technology in combination with its Netilion applications, providing automatic condition monitoring, reducing manual inspection cycles. Its Field Xpert SMT70 tablet PC for device configuration enables mobile plant asset management in both non-hazardous and hazardous (Ex zone 2) areas. To complete the portfolio, the new Micropilot series will be showing; said to be the first instruments with 80 GHz technology developed according to the safety-by-design concept of IEC 61508.
- Fluke will be showcasing the ii900 Sonic Industrial Imager equipped with an array of microphones for an expanded field-of-view that enables maintenance teams to quickly and accurately locate air, gas and vacuum leaks in compressed air systems, even in noisy environments. In addition, the Fluke TiX580 thermal imaging camera that enables users to perform thermal imaging inspections with more confidence and faster results will be demonstrated. The 438-II Power Quality Analyser; and the Fluke MDA550 Motor Drive Analyser for simplifying complex motor-drive troubleshooting will be available to see.
- Metasphere looks forward to exhibiting its ‘Palette’, a web-hosted telemetry platform and ‘Point Colour’ range of battery-powered RTUs, a range of sensors that integrate with the RTUs and which help to collect data such as rainfall, water level, flow, pressure, quality.
- Moore Industries will be displaying its latest Smart HART device that can be interfaced to Modbus/TCP and HART-IP based monitoring and control systems. With single- and four-channel configurations, the device can connect up to 64 Smart HART devices to the HES and collect the Dynamic Variables and the Device Variables, along with diagnostic data, from each field device.
- BARTEC will be demonstrating why it claims to be the world market leader in keeping humans and the environment safe, with its latest products and solutions to prevent explosions wherever hazardous substances occur in the workplace (primarily oil and gas industries, as well as chemical and pharmaceuticals).
- AMS will be exhibiting Bronkhorst thermal mass flow, ultrasonic and Coriolis mass flow meters and flow controllers, specifically targeting very low flow applications, as well as the new Beamex MC6-Ex portable calibrator, which is IECEx approved for the tightest zone (Zone 0), and the latest McCrometer FPI magnetic flowmeter, a hot tap, full profile insertion flow meter.
- PDC Group, a distributer for world-class, cutting-edge technologies and products, will be highlighting some of its latest in safety such as: Mayser safety mats, edges and buffers, IRISS IR polymer windows, the ISF range of safety fencing for machines, robotics, loading docks etc and IP high-quality mild steel and stainless steel enclosures.
- Systems 22 is excited about sharing its edge programmable industrial controller. Its groov EPIC collects, process, views and exchanges data where it's produced, reducing reliance on IT by using MQTT/Sparkplug communications and multi-chart control language. PAC Control and comes with the IEC 61131-3 compliant, CODESYS Development System and CODESYS runtime. This device enables users to exchange data using the visual, flow-based editor and runtime Node-RED. It has an industrial quad-core ARM processor and solid-state drive with an UL hazardous location and Class 1 Div 2 approval, wide -20 to 70°C temperature range and ATEX compliance.
- Aquip will be demonstrating some of its key products such as the Flexim f601 portable ultrasonic flow meter for conducting audits and surveys, and for commissioning, service and maintenance. Additionally, the Rotalign Ultra iS is a highly versatile laser shaft alignment system with its SensALIGN sensors that have built-in Bluetooth to ensure an easy alignment with no messy cables, and which can be upgraded to do geometric measurements. The Kamstrup Multical 801 Heat and Cooling Sub Energy Meter is a robust and rugged thermal energy calculator used in the sub-metering of thermal energy. It has many communication possibilities, programmable functions and a wide range of other modules.
- Sarom Global will be sharing just what it can offer as a multidisciplined industrial engineering onsite services and consultancy organisation. Serving the processing, manufacturing, petrochemical, infrastructure, energy and utilities sectors, Sarom Global supports projects and assets, engineering, construction, commissioning and operational needs.
The IICA Tech Expo will be held on 30 October at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse. To book, go to: https://bookings.iica.org.au/bookings/events/event.asp?bookingid=1182
A new community for LGBTQI+ engineers and their allies has been launched in Sydney.
QuantumTX has unveiled the first cohort of innovators to drive cross-sector technology exchange...
Fluke Calibration will be running several workshops and seminars in Brisbane and Melbourne on...