Evening forum: Blockchain and METS
Don’t miss the opportunity to join METS Ignited and fellow Industry Growth Centres at an industry panel event providing case studies and key insights into how SMEs are successfully implementing blockchain technology.
On Wednesday, 22 May, Michelle Ash, Chair of the Global Mining Guidelines Group and former Chief Innovation Officer at Barrick Gold Corporation will join Queensland's Chief Entrepreneur, Leanne Kemp, on this high-calibre panel event supporting SMEs looking to implement new technologies.
The panel includes:
- Leanne Kemp, Founder and CEO of Everledger, Queensland's Chief Entrepreneur (keynote): Everledger is a leading emerging technology enterprise that tracks the provenance of high-value assets on a global digital ledger in an authenticated immutable manner.
- Michelle Ash, Chair of the Global Mining Guidelines Group and former Chief Innovation Officer at Barrick Gold Corporation: In her role at Barrick, she oversaw the company’s Innovation program, looking both at how innovation can drive productivity in the existing business as well as how it can be harnessed to deliver alternative business models.
- Chris Pienaar, Vertical Market Manager Perishables at Schenker Australia: Chris is passionate about new technologies and is very keen to embrace blockchain and IOT to help enhance procedures and help move product so it reaches its destination in the best possible condition. He was recently involved in a project where blockchain technology was used to move wine from South Australia to China.
- Paul Cooper, Chairman of the Board, Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre (AMGC): Paul has 25 years’ manufacturing industry experience as owner and Executive Chair of Rinstrum, an industrial electronics manufacturing company.
- Richard Romanowski, Co-Founder and Executive Director of Planet Ark Power
- David Fox, General Manager LA Services
Darren Younger, Chief Growth Officer of the Lakeba Group and Head of Lakeba Future Hub
For more information and to register for this Brisbane-based event, register now using the discount code: AUS_GC.
Mining and energy SMEs graduate from national RISE accelerator program.
Deakin textile and fibre scientists have discovered how to turn plant waste into a biodegradable...
Sheet pilings curtain and water treatment plant are part of a set of projects which contribute to...