Additional speakers announced for Siemens' Digitalize 2018
Siemens has announced additional global and local industry experts who will be joining the line-up of speakers for Digitalize 2018, which will be held on Wednesday, 8 August at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
The latest speakers and panellists confirmed include:
- Hon Trish White — National President and Chairman, Engineers Australia
- Tim Kelsey — Executive Director, Champion Data
- Peter Wearne — Manager of Facilities, Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC)
- Robert Marigilani — Regional Director for Australia and New Zealand, Bentley Systems
- Dr Paul Ebert — Global Technology Director – New Energy, WorleyParsons
- Con van Kemenade — Director of Public Policy, LO3
- Jens Goennermann — Managing Director, Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre
- Andrew Dettmer — National President of the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union
- Professor Aleksandar Subic — Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Development), Swinburne University of Technology
- David Chuter — Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Innovative Manufacturing CRC (IMCRC)
The above join other high-profile speakers including Audrey Zibelman (CEO of AEMO), Michelle Price (CEO of AustCyber), Innes Willox (CEO of Ai Group) and Ian Macleod (Siemens’ Fleet Delivery Manager for Thameslink in the UK) to discuss the four event themes.
Following the success of last year, this year’s conference will explore Australia’s digital future across the themes of workforce of the future, intelligent infrastructure, the country’s energy transition and Industry 4.0.
Workforce of the future
Members from education and industry will come together to explore how to prepare the workforce for the new reality of work. As part of this session, speakers will discuss the outcomes of the Industry 4.0 Apprenticeship Program — a first-of-its-kind program designed by Siemens, Swinburne University and Australian Industry Group to equip students with the skills of the future through industry and academic collaboration.
This session will feature presentations, panel discussions and an interactive breakout session on the role of technology in building resilient cities for the future. Speakers will also discuss the Melbourne Cricket Ground’s own intelligent infrastructure upgrades and Thameslink, one of the largest rail infrastructure projects the United Kingdom has undertaken, amongst other infrastructure topics.
Australia’s energy transition
How can Australia’s energy market manage the shift from traditional to renewable generation? This session will cover how new market movements such as distributed energy systems and blockchain technology will help progress Australia’s energy transition.
Industry experts will discuss how companies of various sectors — from a micro-distillery to the world’s leading paint manufacturer — can embark on their own digitalisation journey through Industry 4.0, and the critical role that cloud-based solutions will play in this space.
Originally published here.
METS Ignited has awarded its Collaboration Award to the Newcrest Crowd powered by Unearthed.
ABI Research, a market-foresight advisory firm, has ranked Stratasys as the top additive...
MDT Software's change management solution is now available in Australia through Control Logic.