CSIRO announces Resources Innovation Showcase
CSIRO Mineral Resources has announced its inaugural Resources Innovation Showcase (RIS), where it will share how advanced characterisation techniques and big data are driving transformational changes in ore body discovery, selective mining and precision processing.
The event is aimed at:
- geologists in the exploration or mining industry with an interest in applying new technologies and techniques to help save time or reduce risk
- technical managers who want to know more about emerging technologies and start-up companies that can help improve safety and performance
- innovation and technology leaders at mining or METS companies.
Objectives for RIS 2020 include learning from the experts about what the future of mining could look like and how industry is already on the journey to making the low-footprint, precision mine a reality through exploration, ore-sorting, processing and recovery.
Delegates can explore how to apply characterisation tools to make decisions faster and earlier in the mining value chain, and hear how the power of data can enhance characterisation results and drive transformational decision-making.
CSIRO wants to continue to break down technical siloes and workshop some of mining’s biggest challenges with colleagues from a diverse range of technical backgrounds.
Speakers at the event will be:
- Asmita Mahanta — BHP, Manager Technical Services and Data Integration
- Angus MacFarlane — CSIRO Mineral Resources Research Director, Chile
- Anil Subramanya — Minerals Research Institute of WA, Research Portfolio Manager
- Belinda Godel — CSIRO Mineral Resources Team Leader, Characterisation
- Cerecia Martinez — CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellow, Deep Earth Imaging Future Science Platform
- Dave Cole — CSIRO Data 61, Senior Research Engineer
- Ewan Sellers — CSIRO Mineral Resources Research Director, Hard Rock Mining
- Jacqui Coombes — AMIRA International, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
- James Tickner — Chrysos Corporation, Chief Technology Officer and Founder
- Jeff McCulloch — Managing Director, Clean Mining Limited
- Jonathon Ralston — CSIRO Mineral Resources Group Leader, Sustainable Mining Technologies
- June Hill — CSIRO Mineral Resources Research Scientist, Discovery
- Keith Vining — CSIRO Mineral Resources Group Leader, Processing
- Laura Kuhar — CSIRO Mineral Resources Research Team Leader, Processing
- Mark Dunn — CSIRO Mineral Resources Senior Principal Research Engineer, Sustainable Mining Technologies
- Nick Cutmore — Director, NextOre Pty Ltd; CSIRO Mineral Resources Research Director, Sensing and Sorting
- Rob Hough — CSIRO Mineral Resources, Acting Director
- Sandi Occhipinti — CSIRO Mineral Resources Research Director, Discovery
About CSIRO Mineral Resources
CSIRO Mineral Resources partners with companies large and small to provide innovative solutions for mineral resource discovery, processing, productivity and sustainability.
- What: Resources Innovation Showcase: Ore body knowledge and precision mining
- When: 18 February 2020
- Where: Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges, 46–54 Marine Terrace and Essex St, Fremantle, WA
Advanced Manufacturing Expo is being launched in Sydney by the organisers of National...
Fluke Calibration will be running several workshops and seminars in Brisbane and Melbourne on...
Autonomous drones flew in to mark the official opening of the Australian Institute for Machine...