SCADA Australia Summit: how will the IoT impact you in 2017?
Given the rapid rise of automation and technology, SCADA’s role in operations and industry is set to increase, with the Industrial Internet of Things predicted to include over 100 billion devices.
In Australia, a need for SCADA arises from its ability to reduce operational risks and offer cost efficiencies:
- Power companies struggle to meet state renewable energy targets before 2020 while operating on outdated legacy systems.
- The water industry faces difficulty maintaining and operating infrastructure, despite a $2 billion fund provided by the federal government.
- Increased competition and eroding margins in utilities, transport, government, infrastructure, resources and manufacturing mean that SCADA has never been more important.
With this in mind, the 8th Annual SCADA Australia Summit, to be held 30–31 May 2017 in Melbourne, has been designed to prepare operators for the future, by reducing the operational risks of automation, putting collected data to use, creating cost efficiencies and retrofitting outdated systems with new technologies.
At the conference you will hear from more than 17 SCADA expert speakers, including:
- Mike Wassell, Hydraulic Systems Services Manager, Sydney Water
- Jill Slay, Director, Australian Centre for Cyber Security
- Jason Wadsworth, Project Lead for UAV Integration, BHP Billiton
- Deva Chinnarajan, SCADA Engineer, Lower Murray Water
- Tasnim Abdel-Razaq, Network Control Manager, South Australia Power Network
- Robbie Cleland, SCADA and DMS Administrator, United Energy and Multinet Gas
- Kiran Ramlagan, Senior SCADA systems Engineer, Horizon Power
- Andrew Di Carlo, Communication Control System Principal Engineer, Forrestfield-Airport Link
Click here to view the draft agenda.
Neles emergency shutdown valves will safeguard demanding processes at a new ethylene cracker.
Rockwell Automation has announced that Auto Control Systems (ACS), a provider of industrial...
IDEC strengthens its position in the HMI market and European presence with acquisition of APEM, a...